If you face the problem of Urinary tract infection, then you should follow some guidelines for easy recovery and also
Women who are more sexually active are the greatest victims of urinary tract infection or the infection of bladder or the kidneys. However, men also suffer from this infection but mostly after the age of 50.
Urinary tract infections are commonly caused by a bacterium that travels from the urinary duct or urethra into the bladder. Amongst women, pregnancy, sexual intercourse, diabetes or a past urinary tract infection leads to such kind of infection. The risk also increases when they wipe from back to the front after a bowel movement.
Typical symptoms include necessity to urinate frequently with the inability to pass more than a small amount or pain and burning sensation during urination or even dribbling or leaking during day and while sleeping. It is also possible that the urine develops a foul odor or become blood specked.
Do’s while you have a urinary tract infection
1. You should take antibiotics as prescribed by your physician. Make sure to take all the medication even though the symptoms disappear because if you stop the treatment early, some of the bacteria may survive and infect you again.
2. Take plenty of rest and if fever persists for long, stay in bed until it gets to normal and you feel better.
3. Drink 6 to 8 soda can size glass of fluids especially water each day to flush out your kidneys and wash out the germs from your urinary tract. If you drink cranberry juice or take vitamin C it shall help to make your urine more acid and keep the infection under control.
4. Urinate as often as you feel the urge and try to empty the bladder completely every time before and after sex.
5. Avoid intake of caffeine or alcohol during the treatment as this irritates the bladder.
6. Take showers rather than taking bath each day and wash the genital area with soap and water. Never use bubble bath or bath oils.
7. Also remember to wipe from front to back after urinating or having a bowel movement because this reduces the chances of germs getting into the bladder. It is also advisable to wear a panty with a cotton crotch.
8. Maintain your follow up visits regularly to cure the infection or else the lingering infection could even damage the kidneys.