Everyone desires to be happy and this wish is absolutely legitimate. Let me share with you some tips about how to live a happy life:
1) Learn to love yourself, because from healthy self-love and self-respect starts love and respect toward others.
2) Another very important thing on the list of tips for a happy life is – stop caring about what others think, especially if they put on you labels that you don’t like or if they try to bring you down. Ignore all of those. Of course, accept encouragements and uplifting faith in you from people who love and care about you, but never try to please everybody.
3) Learn to listen the voice of your soul or your intuition. It happened to me many times when, for example, before doing something my “inner voice” (or intuition) told me the right way to do it (I kind of knew it inside), but I stubbornly continued to go my own way and thus, it took a lot longer to achieve my goal. Now I know how important it is to listen to my soul’s gentle whisper.
4) Never criticise other people, even if the temptation to do so is very big! Criticism and judging is negative energy, it can only cause negative feelings and bring harm to your inner harmony. Also, remember, it’s only your opinion which can be a mistake.
5) Leave your past behind. It’s not easy to advance in life by carrying heavy burden of past heartbreaks and memories of difficult situations. Free yourself from this unnecessary load. Start your life anew, as if it’s a brand new white canvas and you can create beautiful and happy masterpiece of your choice. Unload the heavy and excessive baggage from your house, life and soul – throw everything unnecessary, it can be old clothes, books, emotions and memories…things that weigh you down.
6) Get excited about life and keep your childlike wonder. Expect nothing less than the very best from your life. Believe in miracles and anticipate amazing things to come. Have a great attitude to achieve greater altitudes and see the life with eyes-wide wonder, as you did when you were a child!
t7) Humour, laughter and positive attitude. Learn to laugh often and dwell on the positive. What you focus on – grows, so focus on great and positive things rather than on your mistakes and failures. Count your blessings and not your miseries. Like this your life will blossom with happiness and joy!
8) Know what you want. Take time to figure out your goals in all areas of life, like this you multiply your chances to get exactly what you want. It’s like taking a taxi and saying to driver: “Take me to New York.” The driver might drop you in any area of New York and this probably won’t be the place you will like. But if you would tell exactly the street name and number, you would get exactly where you want to be. Being precise while choosing your life’s goals is extremely important.
9) Live in the present moment. This is one of the most important keys to a happy life. Past is gone, future is not yet here, the only moment you really have is “NOW”. So, enjoy it!
10) Share goodness with other people. The most beautiful castle in the world doesn’t bring any joy, if you don’t have a person to share it with. Sharing and giving goodness to others brings the true feeling of satisfaction and happiness. Share your time, share your love, help other people and you will feel happier.
Let’s finish up with couple of powerful quotes:
“You can Google for an answer. You can Google for a mate. You can Google for a career. But you can’t Google to find what’s in your heart, the passion that lifts you skyward.” – Plumeri
“Just remember, you can’t climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets.” – Schwarzenegger
“Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.” – Dyson
“You know, it’s very simple. You can’t put a large box in a small box. Well, you cannot put a full life in a small dream box.” – Zerhouni
I hope you found these tips encouraging and useful. What are your rules for a happy life? Please, share your thoughts with me in the comment’s section.