Magnesium has a lot of benefits for our organism because almost every organ in our body utilize it in different ways. It is very useful because of his function to control the percentage of many various important supplements including calcium, potassium and zinc. It is part of around three hundred enzyme systems and is a key factor for the production of the energy and the metabolism.
Especially green vegetables, legumes, nuts and seed have a high concentration of this mineral, but also can be found in many other usual foods. The lack of the magnesium is not very common because the kidneys are natural regulator of his level in the body. Still, if you don’t take the necessary dose of this mineral, in long term can cause a number of diseases like cardiovascular, osteoporosis and high pressure.
The lack of this mineral in the body can be recognized by the following symptoms: insomnia, anxiety, restless leg syndrome, irregular heart rate, low blood pressure, weakness of the muscle, migraine, nausea and vomiting, convulsions.
From all mentioned above, it is clear that magnesium plays an important role for normal functioning of the body.
HERE ARE SOME BENEFITS OF MAGNESIUM:
1. HEART HEALTH
– The role of the magnesium here is vital. It is responsible for controlling hypertension and with that is reducing the chances for cardiovascular disease. At the same time, it can prevent you from getting a heart attack. In one research conducted among 241.378 participants, the result has shown that only 100 mg of magnesium on a daily basis is reducing the chances of heart attack by eight percent.
2. DENSITY OF THE MIGRAINES
– Migraines are followed by extreme pain and are almost intolerable, not allowing you to function properly. According to many scientific researches, almost every person that suffers from a migraine has a low concentration of magnesium in the blood cells and tissues. It is recommended that you take approximately 600 milligrams per day if you want to, if possible, prevent the migraines. But in order to take this dose which is higher than the usual limit, you need to check with your doctor first.
3. HELP FOR HEALTHY BONES
– Magnesium act together with calcium, while influencing of the vitamin D. this three nutrients are very important in lowering the risk for osteoporosis. This is the reason why magnesium plays an important role in the structure of the bones. Osteoporosis is most common among the women in the postmenopausal period. And in the elderly is causing the fracture of the bones and great pain. Usually, is connected with low level of magnesium in the body, and that’s way it is recommended to increase the intake of this mineral in their diets.
4. PREVENT DEPRESSION
– The results of the conducted studies have found out that magnesium is linked to the chemistry of the brain and that magnesium is a great fighter against the depression. Furthermore, the people that already had depression can reduce the time of recovery (not even a week) if they take magnesium with every meal and before sleep. The administers of this research say that the mineral is safe for use and has great effects in treating the depression.
5. PREVENT THE RISK OF TYPE 2 DIABETES
– Consuming foods rich in this mineral can lower the risk for this type of diabetes. It is important for regulating the glucose in our body, so incorporation of foods with high concentration of magnesium as well supplements will prevent the development of this disease.
6. SOFTEN PMS SYMPTOMS
– According to some studies, magnesium plays an important role also in this field. So taking the mineral before the menstrual cycles will help you with: fluid retention, swelling, changes in the mood, annoyance, head pain, depression.
7. PREVENT FROM SOME TYPES OF CANCER
– There is a close link among the consumption of magnesium and colon cancer because the higher intake of the mineral can lower the chances of getting this type of cancer. But still more studies should be conducted.
You can find magnesium in many plants and foods from animal origin, as well in some cereals. The recommended daily intake for healthy persons is 400-420mg every day.
The green leafy vegetables, nuts and seed are richest in magnesium. Only one cup of these nutrients can supply you with the necessary value of this mineral. The food sources of magnesium are: nuts (almonds, peanuts, cashews, pine nuts, pistachios); seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, squash, flax and sesame); spinach, swiss chard, beet greens, cabbage and kale; oat, whole wheat flour, cereals, legumes (soy, navy, lima, pinto, black beans), milk and yogurt, tuna, quinoa, tofu, edamame, cocoa and chocolate, bananas, herbs, spices and seaweeds.
Leafy vegetables, nuts and seed not only has high concentration of magnesium but also are rich in many other essential vitamins and minerals. So, you will not make a mistake if you choose to include in your everyday nutrition.